Lear serving in California

Lear serving in California

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Christmas time, In the Boonies Week 4 (Palmdale)

Hello!

This week we were able to teach a few lessons, but they sort of seem surreal. I don't know, it seems like none of the people we are teaching take us very seriously, except for one investigator named Will Burnet. 

Will is a 52 year old man, he has 5 or 6 kids that are all out of the house. One of his sons went to the UofU or Utah State (Can't remember) and married an LDS girl. Will also has 11 Grandchildren. He is very black and just finished his battle with cancer! He is incredibly faithful and humble. He says that he respects all beliefs and he is just constantly seeking for truth and light. We gave him a few pamphlets and challenged him to read, so far he actually has read, so I'm excited to have a progressing investigator. 

So the ward that I'm serving in actually covers a bunch of little towns too. We cover the towns of Littlerock, Pearblossom, Juniper hills, and a bunch of really small ones we never go to. All of the towns and cities are really spread apart compared to Utah towns. 

An old hunched over man that kinda reminds me of a turtle, a wise sensei-like turtle, named Brother Crawley shook my hand church and talked to me for a while. He sat down after a little and mentioned how he can't stand for a long time. I told him that his spot sitting was better than my spot standing. He told me something I will try to never forget. It was along the lines of this: 

Sitting isn't all it is cracked up to be, standing is much better. When you are standing you are up and ready to serve. 

I could feel his yearn to serve even at his old turtle-like age! 

Anyway, I challenge you all to sit less and to serve more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment