Lear serving in California

Lear serving in California

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 8 (Palmdale)

Hey what up?!1!

So this week was good, slower than I'd like, but there were good parts. I read all of Daughters in my Kingdom this week. Which is a 200 book about Relief Society. That was kinda cool. I really like Eliza R. Snow. I think she was like the 2nd General RSP? One quote that I really liked was: "Let them seek for wisdom instead of power, and they will have all the power they have wisdom to exercise." I love that! 

Also this week we had a blind man with a large white mullet do a meditative exercise with Elder Craig in which he accused him of smoking pot, that was awesome. I laughed SO hard. 

We visited with an active family, the steeles, on friday night. They have an 18 year old son with some special needs but he is really high functioning and was eager to go out and teach with us. They also have two little ones: Emily, who is 7 and Jordan who is 9. Emily was so dang cute. We asked the family how they could help other people out and be nice and she would shout things like "Tell them about Heavenly Father!" and "Tell them about the Temple!" She was really happy and such a good example. When we were leaving she looked at us and in her raspy voice she said "Isn't it sad when people don't come to church..?" YES! Yes it is! 

I still have one more week here, we'll see what happens at transfers. Here is a picture of me and Elder Laubaugh. He is Elder Billings companion and we laugh a lot. 

Much Love


1 comment:

  1. I love that quote and was so glad to read it today. I haven't heard of many men reading the Relief Society books. That's great!

    ReplyDelete